Aga Khan University Job Karachi, Associate Librarian, Faculty of Health Sciences
Responsibilities / You will be Responsible to:
– Provide assistance to the Head Librarian in the overall management of the Library;
– Implement the Faculty of Health Sciences library’s policies & procedures;
– Maintain reference and reserve stock;
– Supervise the Support staff and students;
– Plan and deliver information literacy programs;
– Implement new information technologies;
– Work with faculty collegially to integrate resource based learning;
– Maintain library usage statistics and assist in the preparation of reports for Senior Management.
Requirements / You should have:
– A Master’s degree in Library Sciences/Information Sciences from an accredited institution;
– Minimum 5 years of experience in an academic institution or hospital library, including 2 years in a managerial/supervisory role.
– Experience in a health sciences institution will be preferred;
– Knowledge of on-line and printed information resources;
– Sound knowledge of international bibliographic standards and formats for academic libraries;
– Practical experience in the development and delivery of information literacy programs;
– Good supervisory skills;
– Excellent written and spoken communication skills.
You should send their detailed CV’s to: email@example.com, and mention the position applied for in the subject line.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Applications should be submitted latest by January 3, 2016.