Asian Development Bank Job, Senior Operations Assistant
Senior Operations Assistant
The ADB-Pakistan Resident Mission (PRM) was established to assist its Headquarters in the implementation of projects and programs, in project processing, country programming, and economic and sector work. It also coordinates ADB’s activities with other resident diplomatic and donor missions, NGOs, academic institutions, local think tanks, private sector and other members of the civil society.
Description of Responsibilities
To perform full range of operational and administrative support duties for the assigned unit at Pakistan Resident Mission (PRM) and to provide support for a variety of specialized duties relating to economic monitoring, assessment, and analytical work and selected aspects of the country operational program.
• Supervisor: Designated International Staff and senior National Staff
Specific criteria include
• Suitability to undertake the responsibilities mentioned above at the required level
• Bachelor’s degree in business studies, social sciences and related disciplines
• At least 5 years of relevant professional experience
• Familiarity with basic economic concepts and data sources
• Working knowledge of assigned area
• Good typing skills. Good memo composition and editing skills.
• Good computer skills. Familiar with computer systems used generally in multilateral organizations.
• Ability to manage priorities and workload within general schedule of work, instructions and standardized practices. Ability to maintain composure underpressure.
• Able to liaise and work effectively with staff within own work location
• Able to work with individuals from different cultural/national backgrounds
• Good interpersonal and communication skills
• Able to work collaboratively with teams as a constructive team member
• Good oral and written communication skills in English
The Asian Development Bank’s vision is a region free of poverty. Established in 1966 and headquartered in Manila, Philippines, ADB’s multicultural staff come from about 67 members. The advertised position is a local staff position with a local remuneration package. It is open only to persons who are nationals and residents of Pakistan. The position is for a 3-year fixed term appointment. ADB offers a competitive salary and benefits package applicable to local staff. While the position advertised is for the Pakistan Resident Mission, ADB staff may be required to serve in any location outside the Resident Mission at the discretion of Management.
To apply, visit:
Deadline for applications is on 26 February 2016.
We encourage diversity in our workplace and support an inclusive environment.
Vacancy Reference Number: 160108
ASIAN DEVELOPMENT BANK