Giz Job, Technical Advisor on Labour Standards and Productivity 22 May
Social and Labour Standards in the Textile and Garment Sector (SLSG) in Asia
As a federal enterprise, the Deutsche Gesellschaft fur Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH supports the German Government in achieving its objectives in the field of international cooperation for sustainable development.’ GIZ implements for the German Ministry of Development Cooperation (BMZ) the project to support compliance with labour and social standards, operating on three intervention levels: factory, national and on a regional level with its partner projects in Bangladesh and Cambodia. Therefore GIZ advises private and public sector stakeholders in the textile and clothing sector to apply suitable forms of information, dialogue and cooperation. The GIZ is seeking candidate for the following position for its office in Lahore.
Job title: Technical Advisor on Labour Standards and Productivity
(Reference no. SLSG 2016/002)
Qualifications and Experience:
• Masters degree in social science, economics, law or business administration, industrial engineering, textile or garment engineering from a reputed university or similar qualification of a relevant field.
• At least 5 years’ of working experience of which two (2) years on labour standards in the industry, preferably in the textile and apparel industry.
• Preferably two (2) years of experience in delivering trainings on labour standards compliance (e.g. occupational health standards, wages & working hours, health care, discrimination) and productivity (industrial engineering functions, human resources management).
• Proven consultancy experience in change management.
• Experience in establishing an interactive change process through dialogue between management and workforce.
• First experiences in working with different stakeholder groups like private sector (unskilled worker to top-management level of organizations), civil society actors and political decision makers.
• Strong skills in stakeholder relationship management and strong communication skills.
• Experience in monitoring and evaluation systems and instruments as well as in measuring performance
The detailed job description can be accessed at http://bit.lv/1S8A7qc Application clearly mentioning the job title and reference number on the envelope with a covering letter and CV to be sent latest by 3rd June 2016 at RO. Box 2993, Islamabad. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Female candidates will be highly encouraged to apply for the position. Electronic submission is not accepted.