Efficient Use of Water Resources in the Textile Industry
‘As a federal enterprise, the Deutsche Gesellschaft fur Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH supports the German Government in achieving its objectives in the field of international cooperation for sustainable development.’
GIZ implements for the German Ministry of Development Cooperation (BMZ) the project for more efficient use of water resources in the Pakistan textile industry, which is seeking candidate for the following position for its office in Lahore;
Job title: Policy Advisor (Reference No. EKFW 2016/004)
Qualifications and Experience:
• Masters/MSc in in political sciences, international cooperation and development or an area that is related to the project objectives, with a focus on a relevant field in environmental sciences.
• at least 10 years’ professional experience in the textile industry in the area of environmental management and/or in the policy advice in a related sector in a comparable position
• very good working knowledge of ITC technologies (related software, phone, fax, email, the internet) and computer applications (e.g. MS Office)
• fluent written and oral knowledge of English and Urdu
• willingness to upskill as required by the tasks to be performed – corresponding measures are agreed with management
• Knowledge of market-economy instruments in the area of water efficiency and clusters/industrial parks and water management aspects.
• Work experience in advising policy-makers and in public financing of technical measures in the private sector.
• Highly motivated and able to work self critically and independently
• Willingness to work in an intercultural environment and to travel within the country
Interested candidates can request for detailed job description through mail from email@example.com while clearly mentioning the Job title and Reference no. as subject line till 13th January 2016.
Application clearly mentioning the job title and reference no. on the envelope with a covering letter and CV to be sent latest by 15th January 2016 at RO. Box 2993, Islamabad. Only shortlisted