Global Affairs Canada GAC Job, Project Monitor 17 April
GAC (Global Affairs Canada), invites applications from suitably qualified candidates to fill the position of Project Monitor for “Increasing Women’s Participation in South Punjab’s Dairy Sector” Project. The assignment is for a period approximately 230 days spread over 3 years. The successful candidate will work from hi&’her base station. He/she will be hired through, the Canadian Program Support Unit (PSU) office located in Islamabad, Pakistan.
Below, please find a summary of the position’s mandatory requirements, additional asset qualifications, and the application and selection process.
• Masters level degree in the social sciences, business/management. International affairs or another related area of study with strong financial skills;
• A background in micro-finance, business development and gender equality;
• At least 10 years of work experience in conducting monitoring and /or evaluation assignments in a developing country context, preferably in Pakistan and a proven record delivering professional results;
• Demonstrate knowledge of GAC (Global Affairs Canada) sustainable Economic Growth Strategy, and experience with development projects that provides skills training and employment opportunities;
• Be fully acquainted with GAC’s results-based management orientation and practices;
• Demonstrate proficiency with GAC’s gender equality policies and knowledge of GAC’s gender equality action plans;
• Ability to write concisely in English; Have fluency in English and Urdu;
• Ability to work independently and willingness to travel extensively in target areas;
• Have the legal right to live and work in Pakistan;
• Possess very good analytical and writing skills and an ability to meet deadlines.
Additional Asset Qualifications
• Experience working with donor agencies and/or civil society organizations
• Knowledge of other local languages will be an advantage e.g. Pushto, Punjabi, Sindhi, Baluchi, etc.
Application and Selection Process
I. Submission, via email, before 1600 hrs on Sunday, April 24″, 2016 of a CV (maximum three pages) and a covering letter (maximum two pages) outlining how the candidate’s background is linked to each of the experience/qualifications in both the mandatory and additional asset qualification categories to: Hr36@cpsu.org.pk. Candidates must provide the names and contact details of three references including at least one from a previous employer. Please submit the letter and CV in MS WORD (Times New Roman, font size 12).
II. Only short listed candidates will be called for a preliminary interview. Qualifying candidates will be called for a final interview including a written test and submission of a financial bid.