HEC Proposals Thematic Research Grant Programme 2015-2016
Higher Education Commission Pakistan
Thematic Research Grant Programme 2015-16
The Higher Education Commission (HEC), Pakistan invites proposals for Thematic Research Grant Programme 2015-16, especially designed to address M the contemporary issues of the Country. The Social Sciences scholars/researchers having theoretical, conceptual and methodological or policy orientation background may apply for grants under the subject programme. The research projects may belong to any one of the Social Sciences and Humanities disciplines or may be interdisciplinary in nature. Full time faculty members from public and selected private sector Universities/Degree Awarding Institutions (DAIs| can submit their proposals against one of the following Thematic Research Themes:
Theme – 1 Politics, Constitution and Governance
Theme – 2 National Security and Foreign Policy
Theme – 3 Society and Culture
Theme – 4 Economy: Issues and Prospects
Theme – 5 Education Policy, Leadership and Management
Theme – 6 History, Archaeology and Anthropology studies
Theme – 7 Print, Electronic and Social Media
Theme – 8 Literature and Languages
Guidelines for Funding and Application
1. Grants will be awarded for a period of one year to the selected applicants/ proposals, fulfilling the HEC Thematic Research Grants Criteria provided with Application Form.
2. Researcher (PI, Co-PI) must be a full time Faculty Member/Researcher of public or private sector university/degree awarding institution [list of eligible private institutions is available at www.hec.gov.pk/thematic 1
3. Proposal must include a cover sheet, abstract, brief survey of literature, bibliography and other details as per prescribed Application Form and CVs of the research team.
4. Proposal must be submitted along with approval of the Vice Chancellor/Rector/Director of University/DAI with which the applicant is affiliated. The institution will be responsible for administration of the grant. No funds will be paid directly to the individual researcher.
5. Maximum funding will be up to Rs.10.0 million for each research project. The proposed budget will be submitted on a separate sheet in the approved format provided with the Application Form.
6. Four complete sets of Application Form/Research Proposals should reach office of the undersigned on or before February 20, 2016. A soft copy should also be sent through email in MS Word format at firstname.lastname@example.org. Late and incomplete submissions will not be entertained.
7. Detailed guidelines and other important information/documents (i.e. Application Form, list of Eligible Private Universities, List of Themes & Sub-Themes) related to the programme are available at www.hec.gov.pk/thematic
Deputy Director (Academics)
Higher Education Commission
Sector H-9, Islamabad. Phone: 051-90402116, 90402127 Fax: 051-90402102