HEC Tertiary Education Support Project TESP, Short Term Assignments
Higher Education Commission Pakistan
HEC intends to hire the services of individual consultants (ICs) for conducting study/investigations on the following areas/topics pertaining to Higher Education sector in Pakistan:
1. Overall assessment of the higher education sector (current situation, recent trends).
3. Allocation of resources to Higher Education Institutions (modalities and efficiency).
4. Affiliated colleges (performance, value of the affiliation and its mechanism).
5. External degree programmes (clientele, graduation and quality).
6. Private HEIs (regulatory framework, access, programmes and quality).
7. Quality assurance and accreditation (organization, mechanisms and practice).
8. Management and governance. Federal/Provincial roles and responsibilities; HEI managers’ appointment, autonomy & accountability.
9. Equity and Access (a review of policies including cost sharing and student aid programmes).
10. Research and Development (a review of research performance in higher education sector in the last decade).
HEC invites expression of interest/applications from suitably qualified and experienced individuals having minimum of Masters degree (or higher) with 15 years experience in the higher education sector preferably in the public sector universities, institutes and centres. Interested candidates may submit their CVs giving details of their Education, Experience, Expertise, Area of Interest and their suitability for the selected study. Modus operandi and its remunerations for the study will be mutually agreed by negotiations. The period of study is maximum two to three months within which it MUST be completed and the report/findings, on proper format, be submitted to HEC. One individual will be considered for only one of the above mentioned topics/area of study. Brief description of the study of each topic is available on HEC website at http://www.hec.qotf.pk/MediaPublication/AdvertisementsTenders/Paqes/ADSANDTENDERS.aspx.
The Commission reserves the right to accept or reject any application. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted by HEC for further negotiations. EOl/Applications along with CVs and all required information must reach the undersigned latest by January 18, 2016 by e-mail only. Applicants must indicate the topic of the study applied for. Incomplete or delayed applications will not be entertained.
Asad Khan Project Coordinator (TESP)
Higher Education Commission
Sector H-9, Islamabad. Tel: 051 -90808140-1, 051 -90401750-1, Fax: 051 -90808142, 051 -90401752 | E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org & email@example.com, Website: www.hec.gov.pk