International Rescue Committee IRC Ngo Job, Senior Head of Office HOD Peshawar
The International Rescue Committee, Inc. (IRC) is a private international, nonsectarian, voluntary organization providing relief, and protection and resettlement services for refugees of oppression or violent conflict IRC, with its partners, is implementing the USAID-funded Pakistan Reading Project (PRP) that is working to support the provincial and regional departments of education throughout Pakistan to improve the reading skills of children in grades one and two.The project has three distinct but interrelated components that are working in synergy to affect the quality of early grade education: improved classroom learning environment for reading, improved policies and systems for reading, and community based support for reading in Pakistan. PRP encourages qualified female candidates to apply for these senior positions.
SENIOR MONITORING, EVALUATION AND LEARNING (MEL) ADVISOR LOCATION: ISLAMABAD
The Senior Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) Advisor provides leadership and guidance and ensures the effective development, implementation, and management of the MEL Plan and framework.The position reports to the Chief of Party and has the overall responsibility for providing quantitative and qualitative monitoring across PRP, highlighting and analyzing key outputs, outcomes, and impact of PRP activities.
• Serve as the main point of contact in matters concerning MEL and lead PRP Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning activities including: planning and implementation, data collection, preparing data for monthly, quarterly and annual reports and assessing progress towards objectives.
• Manage and refine cutting edge quantitative data collection systems that facilitate project reporting.
• Strengthen and manage internal systems for effective program monitoring and reporting, both internal and for the donor and partners.
• Support regional MEL teams to develop designs for tracking progress, compiling/storing data, and developing reports against indicators.
• Lead revisions and development of Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Performance Plan according to modifications from USAID.
• Share project MEL learning with the project teams and its stakeholders.
• Supervise evaluation and operations research, assessments, data analysis and other activities as planned. Job Requirements
• Master’s degree in international development, program evaluation, or related area.
• At least 10 years of relevant experience in managing the implementation of monitoring and evaluation, assessing and learning activities. Experience should reflect a competency in a variety of qualitative and quantitative methods for evaluation, including Process Evaluation and Impact Evaluation.
• Experience of managing and delivering training and capacity building of staff with differing skills and abilities.
• Experience in the usage of computers and data analysis packages (e.g. SPSS), experience in handling of web-based management systems. Key Skills & Competencies
• Strong written and oral presentation skills in English and Urdu, strong organizational and interpersonal skills.
• Strong understanding and use of statistics for Monitoring and Evaluation (M & E) procedures and instruments.
• Knowledge of USAID reporting standards and M & E tools such as Performance Management Plans, Results Framework, and Data Quality Assessment.
• A team player that will support and strengthen team performance and reporting.
SENIOR HEAD OF OFFICE (HOO) LOCATION: PESHAWAR
The Senior Head of Office is responsible for the overall leadership and management of the Khyber Pakhtunkhwa regional office and ensures that the project is implemented with its desired results, quality and timelines for programs and operations.The Senior Head of Office engages district/provincial government officials for implementation and dialogue about policies and sustainability. The position reports directly to the Chief of Party.
• Provide leadership and oversight to program and operations teams charged with implementing the project in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa.
• Collaborate with the senior management team to maximize efficiency, impact and accountability within all aspects of support service delivery.
• Represent PRP on all forums and share the project’s contributions and ensure visibility and branding of PRP.
• Ensure that all reporting requirements are met as per the timelines, and ensure quality and follow up actions are taken.
• Lead advocacy and networking initiatives identified at central office level and engage other senior team members to be part of the process.
• Engage district and provincial level government officials for the smooth implementation of project activities.
• Oversee the recruitment of all staff based in region of responsibility, ensuring that mobilizing orientation is made available in the short term, as well as long-term performance management support and empowerment.
• Directly oversee administrative functions such as finance, security, logistics, etc.
• Master’s degree in international development, business administration, social sciences or related field.
• At least 10 years of overall experience in national/international level programs, preferably funded by international donors.
• At least 5 years of experience in a senior lead position exhibiting leadership and management exposure including finance, administration, grants and security.
• At least 5 years of experience collaborating with provincial and district levels of government in implementation of activities and policy.
• Experience with projects supporting education sector, teacher training, reading instructional and supplemental material development, or education system management will be preferred.
Key Skills & Competencies
• Fluency in English, Urdu and Pashto is required.
• Strong negotiation skills and the ability to develop relations with local counterparts, donors, and other stakeholders.
• Effective leadership skills to manage diverse teams under a matrix structure.
• Demonstrated experience in building organizational capacity, designing and implementing change initiatives, and managing an office with a diverse staff.
• Demonstrated systems and process analysis skills. Experience in managing large programs based on M & E and other reporting systems.
• Solid understanding of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa, with previous experience in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa preferred.
Interested candidates fulfilling the requirements can log on to http://www.rescue.org/careers & http://prp.rozee.pk or send their CVs to P.O. Box 1560, GPO Islamabad.
NOTE: IRC is an equal opportunity employer and women are strongly encouraged to apply. Only short listed candidates will be contacted for interviews.