KING EDWARD MEDICAL UNIVERSITY, LAHORE
KING EDWARD MEDICAL UNIVERSITY LAHORE OFFERING ADMISSION
2 YEARS M.PHIL PROGRAMS. SESSION 2016-2018
According to the PM&DC Rules & Regulations, “Candidates shall not be allowed to enroll in two training programs of university and CPSP of the same or different specialties at the same time and to take examination of both institutions”.
Eligibility: The applicants must fulfill the following criteria before the last date of submission of application forms for admission:-
i. Basic medical Qualification would be MBBS/ BSc Honor in Vision Sciences/ BSc in Physiotherapy/ Doctor of Physiotherapy or equivalent medical qualification recognized by Pakistan Medical & Dental Council/ HEC.
ii. Certificate of one year’s House Job Experience in institutions recognized by Pakistan Medical & Dental Council is essential at the time of interview. If one year is not completed the applicants are required to submit Hope Certificate from the concerned Medical Superintendent of the concerned hospital that the one year House Job shall be completed before the interview.
iii. Two reference letters from faculty member (Assistant Professor or above).
iv. Valid certificate of permanent or provisional registration with Pakistan Medical & Dental Council (where applicable).
i. All the candidate shall have to pass graduate assessment test GAT-C (General) with minimum score 50% as per HEC criteria submit result card along with application forms otherwise, their application shall not be entertained.
i. Only short listed applicants will be called for interview.
ii. The candidates shall be required to present all their original academic credentials at the time of interview including certificate of completion of House Job issued by the Medical Superintendent and good conduct certificate issued by the Head of Department, otherwise, they shall not be eligible to appear for interview.
iii. The interview will be conducted by a Committee constituted by the Vice Chancellor.
iv. There will be separate interviews for candidates of each subject/ specialty.
1. The allocation of training slots in M.Phil is highly competitive. Only the candidates of top most merit shall be offered training position which would be limited to the available slots in the particular specialties.
2. Paid seats shall be offered only to MBBS graduates subject to the availability of funds. No paid seat will be offered to non MBBS.
Important Dates and Instructions:
1. Fee of Application Form is Rs.1000/- (Non-refundable).
2. Fee should be deposited in the Authorized Bank of KEMU or attach original Pay Order of worth Rs.1000/- in favor of the Vice Chancellor. King Edward Medical University. Lahore.
3. The admission form along with original fee receipt/ pay order can be deposited/ submitted from Monday, 11.01.2016 to Thursday. 28.01.2016, during working hours, in the Office of the Assistant Registrar (Academics), Patiala Block. King Edward Medical University, Lahore.
4. Provision of E-mail on application forms is essential. Non provision of E-mail address will result in non-communication and the candidate herself/ himself would be responsible for any delay and loss.
5. Application forms can be downloaded from www.kemu.edu.pk or obtained from the Office of the Assistant Registrar (Academics), Patiala Block, KEMU, Nila Gumbad Anarkali. Lahore.
6. Please attach attested photocopies of Degrees and Transcripts of MBBS / BSc (VS) / BSc Physiotherapy. PM&DC Registration (where applicable), Domicile. I.D. Card, Fee Deposit Receipt. House Job Certificate & other relevant/ supportive documents along with admission forms.
7. Incomplete admission forms will not be entertained and admission forms without supportive information/ documents as mentioned above, would be rejected.
8. Application forms sent by post/ mail/ courier will also be entertained if received in the Office of the Assistant Registrar (Academics), during working hours, within due date i.e. Thursday, 28.01.2016.
9. Application forms received after due date shall not be entertained.
10. Interview of applicants will be held on Thursday, 04.02.2016.
11. List of selected candidates will be displayed on KEMU website on Tuesday, 09.02.2016.
KING EDWARD MEDICAL UNIVERSITY LAHORE