Lahore Planning and Development Department Job, GIS Manager, Remote Sensing Analyst 25 December
AGENCY FOR BARANI AREAS DEVELOPMENT (ABAD)
PLANNING AND DEVELOPMENT DEPARTMENT
GOVERNMENT OF THE PUNJAB
Applications are invited for the following posts on (contract basis for the project period under the Project “STRENGTHENING OF DATA BASE OF ABAD THROUGH GIS AND RS TECHNIQUES AND GNSS SURVEYING”. The detail about posts, eligibility criteria, pay package and other prerequisites is as follows:
Name of Post No. of posts Academic qualification and Experience Age Limit Pay package (Rs.)
GIS Manager 01 M.Sc./BS Honors Degree in GIS or Remote Sensing, having at least 2/3 years’ experience in application of GIS in watershed/water resource management/hydrology/hydrogeology. Experience of ESRI ArcGIS Software (Desktop) and ArcGIS. Preference to be given for having background of civil engineering. 25-35 (5 years age relaxation will be granted across the board as prescribed by the Competent Authority 70,000/- per month
Remote Sensing Analyst 01 M.Sc/B.S in GIS/RS having at least 3 years’ experience of working to manage or analyze data obtained from remote sensing systems to obtain meaningful results. Integrate other geospatial data sources into projects. Experience of working on hydrological data will be preferred. 25-3$ (5 years age relaxation will be granted across the board as prescribed by the Competent Authority 70,000/- per month
The candidate should have working knowledge of ArcGIS, ERDAS Images & Auto CAD software.
Preference will be given to qualified applicants who demonstrate experience in following:
> Capturing, converting, creating, editing and maintaining digital information in a GIS environment
> Development and maintenance of data management policies, procedure, systems and standards
> Database management tools and applications (MS Access, Excel, etc.)
> Producing quality cartographic maps.
1. Applications/ CVs should be sent alongwith attested photocopies of relevant documents i.e. academic and professional experience certificates, CNIC, 2 recent passport size photographs and Domicile certificate. The academic degrees should be awarded from the HEC recognized universities/ campuses.
2. Only short listed candidates will be called for interview in case of excess applications.
3. No TA/DA will be admissible to the candidates for interview.
4. The govt, employees should send their applications through proper channel.
5. The candidate should be Punjab based domicile only.
6. The Competent Authority has the right to reject application (s) without assigning any reason.
7. Appointment will be governed by the Contract Appointment Policy 2004 of the Govt, of Punjab.
8. The candidates will have no claim for regularization of the posts or extension of services after completion of the project.
9. The selected candidates will have to perform office as well as field duty in ABAD (Headquarters) Rawalpindi and four Districts of the Rawalpindi Division.
10. The candidates fulfilling the above mentioned criteria should submit their applications till January 25, 2016 at the following address:
Office of the Director General, ABAD, Murree Road, Rawalpindi.
Agency For Barani Areas Development Rawalpindi.