Law and Parliamentary Affairs Department Job Lahore, Director Legislation
Government of the Punjab
Law & Parliamentary Affairs Department
The job is highly challenging, involving dedication, high Quality legal expertise a professional approach: the responsibilities include expertise in drafting of substantive and delegated legislation and other legal instruments, Interpretation of statutes, legal research; preparation/ drafting of concept papers, summaries & other related correspondence.
Qualification & Experience:
– PhD (Law), or LL.M, or Bar-at-Law or LL.B (50% marks on the aggregate), or equivalent qualification from a reputed university/ institution, recognized by the Higher Education Commission.
– In case of LL.B. and Bar-at-Law 15 years; in case o’ LL.M, 13 years; and in case of Ph.D, 10 years (i) active practice as Advocate High Court; or (ii) experience as judicial officer; or (iii) experience as Law Officer or experience In drafting of substantive and delegated legislation and other legal instruments in public or private sector o’ repute; or (iv) the aggregate of experiences at (i)- (ii) and (iii); or (iv) six years experience of drafting / vetting of substantive and delegated legislation and legal instruments as Additional Director (Legislation and Parliamentary Affairs) In the Law and Parliamentary Affairs Department.
– A former/retired District & Sessions Judge, having at least six years experience of drafting of substantive and delegated legislation and other legal instruments in the Law and Parliamentary Affairs Deportment or Federal Ministry of Law.
Note: Preference shall be given to a parson who: (a) also possess the recognized qualification or legislative drafting; or who has at least five years practical experience of drafting/vetting of substantive and delegated legislation and legal instruments; and, (b) has satisfactory Knowledge of Microsoft office and other related computer applications.
Age & Tenure:
– 40-55 years; however, there is no upper age limit in case of a former-retired District and Sessions Judge. The post is permanent but the appointment, subject to medical fitness and police verification, shall be made on contract (under the Contract Employment Policy) for an initial period of two years, which may, subject to satisfactory performance, be extended.
– Pay package will be market driven, and, shall be determined in the light of qualifications, experience and capabilities of the selected candidate, it may range up to MP-II scale.
How to Apply:
Eligible candidates (male or female) may apply along with the following documents:
– Certified copies of educational – certificates/degrees/diplomas/CNIC/domicile
– Certificate, detailed Curriculum Vitae of the candidate clearly highlighting all elements of the eligibility criteria and personal attributes, along with three recent passport size photographs.
– Vision statement pertaining to the post applied for.
Last Date for Application:
Applications for the post must reach the office of the undersigned on or before 7 January 2016 by close of office hours. The candidates already working in Government/semi Government Institutions may apply through proper channel.
Only short-listed lied for Test/Interview. No TA/DA will be admissible for the purpose.
Secretary, Law & Parliamentary Affairs Department, Government of the Punjab, Civil Secretariat, Lahore.
Tel: 042-99210043-45, 99212935. // Web: www.punjabcode.punjab.gov.pk.