Medecins Sans Frontieres MSF Pakistan Job Islamabad, Project Accountant
Medecins Sans Frontieres (MSF) OCA is an independent medical humanitarian association that delivers emergency aid to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, healthcare exclusion and natural or man-made disasters. MSF observes strict neutrality with respect to political issues and renders its assistance without making any discrimination on the basis of race, religion, ideology or political opinion. MSF has no ties or affiliation with any political, economic or religious body or organization, in order to act in accordance with humanitarian principles.
MSF-OCA is looking for a Project Accountant for its office in Islamabad. MSF offers a package of benefits (salary, leave, medical coverage, EOBI contribution, training, and career) and the opportunity to work for an internationally renowned humanitarian organization.
– Ensure accurate reconciliation of MSF proprietary financial system (currently BooX) with external financial software (QuickBooks), to ensure reliable and updated financial information.
– Assist with timely payments of relevant withholding and payroll taxes required by the government.
– Data entry of expenditures into external financial software in accordance with MSF Chart of Accounts codes.
– Ensure timely payments to local suppliers, contractors, utility companies, etc.
– Assist in scanning of documents for reporting to HQ.
– Ensure accurate monthly tagging and archiving of project files.
– Prepare monthly reporting in close collaboration with the Finance team.
– Minimum bachelor’s degree in accounting.
– At least 1 year related work experience.
– QuickBooks experience will be preferred.
– Proficient in English and Urdu with plus points for Pashto language.
– Good computer skills, especially in MS Windows Word and Excel.
– Flexibility to work longer hours and/or extra days to meet the needs of the program, particularly in emergencies.
– Capacity to work in a multidisciplinary and international team
– Commitment to humanitarian values as outlined in the MSF Charter.
Applicants who meet the professional qualifications and required skills should apply with latest CV, copies of educational documents & copies of experience letters to, In case email is not possible application could also be submitted to below address:
Medecins Sans Frontieres (MSF) Pakistan, House No 36A. Park Road. F/8-2, Islamabad.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org. / Deadline for applicants: 4th January, 2016.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. MSF does not enter into correspondence with regard to the reasons for non-selection of candidates.