Mehran University of Engineering & Technology Jamshoro Job, Professor, PPL Chair 5 September
Mehran University of Engineering & Technology, Jamshoro
SAY NO TO CORRUPTION
JOIN HANDS AS PROFESSOR, PPL CHAIR with highly motivated, energetic & technically sound team of researchers at MEHRAN UNIVERSITY OF ENGINEERING AND TECHNOLOGY, JAMSHORO
Mehran University of Engineering and Technology, Jamshoro, a leading engineering institute offering higher education for more than 50 years at undergraduate & postgraduate level. It had emerged as a leading engineering research institute in the province of Sindh and Pakistan since last many years under the dynamic leadership.
Mehran UET is aspiring to strengthen the fleet of high caliber researchers to contribute & strengthen the research in the area of Petroleum & Natural Gas Engineering in collaboration with Pakistan Petroleum Limited (PPL); a market leader in oil & gas industry.
Mehran UET has signed an agreement with the Pakistan Petroleum Limited Welfare Trust (PPLWT) for the establishment of PPL Chair in the Institute of Petroleum & Natural Gas Engineering to promote the scientific research activities, strengthen the quality of the academic programs offered by the Institute and advanced learning in the field of Petroleum Engineering.
The University is looking for a highly dynamic self-motivated and result oriented individual who could pursue a challenging position on the PPL Chair with the following responsibilities:
• Help and support to maintain the quality of undergraduate and post-graduate programs of the Institute in line with the international standards
• Strengthen the research activities of the institute in the interest of University and the Petroleum Industry
• Organize joint research projects of the national interest in Petroleum Engineering
• Develop strong linkage between the University and Petroleum Industry
• Coordinate with the similar Institutions within the country to share knowledge
Qualification and Experience:
• Ph.D. in Petroleum Engineering from the recognized foreign University
• Minimum 15 Years active Teaching and research experience at a University Level or reputed research and development (R&D) organization
• Have minimum fifteen (15) research publications in journals of international repute (Impact factor/ HEC/Thomas Reuter recognized) in Petroleum Engineering. Foreign journal publications will be given preference
• Capability to integrate undergraduate and postgraduate programs of the Institute into industrial partnership
• Proven leadership ability with experience in research project supervision, planning and implementation
The University offers a competitive salary package as per international market depending upon qualification/experience of the individual.
Duration & Place of work:
The appointment will be made on purely contract basis and initially for a period of one year likely to be renewed every year up to maximum three years, subject to satisfactory performance. The place of work would be the Institute of Petroleum & Natural Gas Engineering at Mehran UET, Jamshoro, Sindh, Pakistan.
How to Apply:
Apply with covering letter including detailed curriculum vitae, list of publications, copy of degrees/certificates, two recent passport size photographs and a short statement of envisaged research activities of not more than 200 words on or before September 30, 2016 to the following address:
Director, Human Resources
Mehran University of Engineering & Technology, Jamshoro 76062, Sindh, Pakistan Email: firstname.lastname@example.org www.muet.edu.pk
Director, Institute of Petroleum & Natural Gas Engineering
Mehran University of Engineering & Technology, Jamshoro 76062, Sindh, Pakistan Telephone: (022) 22 2771241 Fax: (022) 22 2772453 Email: email@example.com