National Transmission Despatch Company Ltd NTDCL Job, Procurement Consultant
NATIONAL TRANSMISSION AND DESPATCH
HIRING OF CONSULTANT
National Transmission & Despatch Company Limited (NTDCL) is a public sector power utility mandated to transmit electrical power from generating stations to distribution companies across the Country. NTDCL fulfils this obligation by operating and maintaining 500 / 220 KV Grid Stations and Transmission Lines.
NTDCL is looking for a high caliber, experienced individual for being a Procurement Consultant of NTDCL on contract basis.
■ To the Board of Director NTDCL
Initially one year (extendable on satisfactory performance)
SCOPE OF WORK INCLUDES BUT NOT LIMITED TO
• To develop Procurement Manual in the light of PPRA Rules. Pakistan Engineering Council (PEC) Guidelines, FIDIC and the guidelines of other donor agencies.
• To lead the procurement function and oversee all aspects of purchase, strategy, tool and process implementation for procurement related to goods and services.
• To develop standardized tools, practices and procedures for reducing evaluation time and decision making.
• To develop, implement and maintain procurement policies and review those on regular basis in compliance with internal and regulatory policies.
• To analyze the current procurement system, identify the needs of improvement and prepare high level plan to overcome the deficiencies.
• To prepare checklist for procurement cycle to improve transparency and efficiency of procurement system.
• To prepare equitable, transparent and uniform evaluation and qualification criteria and other provisions to bring standardization in procurement process.
• To make a strategy for improvement in contract management and to address the issues like extension of time, variations in contract amount and arbitration / litigations etc.
• Any other assignment entrusted by the BoD NTDCL.
SKILLS, QUALIFICATION & EXPERIENCE
• B.Sc / B.E (Electrical / Electronics) preferably with a degree in Finance / Law.
• Atleast twenty (20) years experience of handling and preparation of tender documents for projects in the electricity transmission sector, evaluation of bids, contract management etc.
• Up-to-date knowledge of relevant procedures, PPRA rules, FIDIC and familiarity with relevant processes of international financing agencies is essential.
• At least ten (10) years of leadership experience in procurement, setting procurement strategies, driving cost savings and improving terms and conditions.
• Self starter with excellent business / financial acumen, proficient working with cross-functional teams, including demonstrated motivation, influence, and the ability to drive change across all levels of the organization and geographical boundaries.
• Excellent negotiation skills
• Possess solid computer skills (proficient in Word. Excel, and PowerPoint) and experience with an ERP system will be preferred.
Not more than 55 years on the closing date of this advertisement.
Commensurate with the qualification and experience of the candidate.
Applications along with detailed CV, copies of testimonials and a recent passport size photograph should reach the following address on or before by 21s1 December, 2015. Only shortlisted candidates will be called for interview. No TA / DA will be admissible for interview.
General Manager (HR) NTDCL
419-Wapda House, Lahore. Tel: 042-99201020