National Transmission Despatch Company NTDCL Job, hiring of Consultant
National Transmission & Despatch Company Limited
HIRING OF CONSULTANTS
National Transmission & Despatch Company Limited (NTDCL) is a public sector power utility mandated to transmit electrical power from generating stations to distribution companies across the Country. NTDCL fulfils this obligation by operating and maintaining 500/220 KV Grid Stations and Transmission Lines.
NTDCL is looking for a high caliber and experienced individuals as Consultants on contract basis as under:
i. Consultant System Planning, Operations & Protection
ii. Consultant Project Planning, Execution and Control
The Consultants will report to the Board of Directors NTDCL
Initially one year (extendable on satisfactory performance)
i. CONSULTANT SYSTEM PLANNING, OPERATIONS & PROTECTION
Scope of work
• To perform simulation and analysis of complex power system steady and dynamic behavior, develop mathematical models for reliability assessment of electrical networks, and deliver technical consulting / training services.
• To help the teams of study engineers in execution of consulting projects and provide critical technical guidance to them.
• To create technical reports documenting study process and results, analyze and improve the reports written by technical teams.
• To assist in developing a team of experienced engineers through mentoring and coaching in complex subjects.
• To perform advanced large scale simulations of electrical transmission systems for transmission and system operators and will develop solutions for safe and reliable power system operations.
• Any other assignment entrusted by the BoD NTDCL.
SKILLS, QUALIFICATION & EXPERIENCE
• B. Scl B.E Engineering (Electrical/ Electronics/ Civil/ Mechanical) with an advanced Masters/ Doctoral degree in the relevant field will be preferred.
• Atleast fifteen (15) years experience of System Planning, Operations and other engineering disciplines In electricity Transmission sector or reputed public sector entity.
• Extensive knowledge of Transmission System planning and system reliability assessment, with experience in transfer capability analysis, optimal power flow analysis, steady state stability analysis, as well as transmission expansion planning.
• Up-to-date knowledge of Power System Planning & Operations, their best practices and procedures and familiarity with relevant processes of reputed national/ international organizations of repute is essential.
• Self-starter with excellent power Planning/Operations acumen, ability to gel with cross-functional teams, demonstrated motivation, influence, and drive change.
• Demonstrated expertise in development of dynamic simulation models including models for advanced power systems technologies such as renewable energy.
• Industry-known professional with a proven track record of consulting services delivering leading-edge power system analytics and engineering.
• Expertise in voltage stability analysis and reactive power planning.
• Knowledge of SCADA and communication systems related to protection and control.
• Active member of IEEE or equivalent, senior member will be preferred
• Solid computer skills (proficient in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint). Experience with an ERP system will be preferred
• Excellent communication and leadership skills.
Between 45-60 years on the closing date of this advertisement.
ii. CONSULTANT PROJECT PLANNING, EXECUTION AND CONTROL
Scope of work
• To examine more than one projects simultaneously under directions of the BoD.
• To provide assistance for identification of new projects for improvement in NTDCL system
• To develop standardized forms and records to document project activities and bring symmetry in project execution throughout the Company.
• To develop standardized tools, practices and procedures for proper utilization of the Company’s resources and saving time in project planning, execution & control mechanism.
• To analyze the current project planning, execution and control system of the Company, identify needs for improvement and prepare viable plans/ solutions to overcome deficiencies.
• To make policy for Improvement in project management of the Company and to address issues like delay in execution and cost overruns etc.
• To create detailed work plans identifying and sequencing the activities for cost-effective and efficient completion of projects.
• To prepare feasibility for development projects.
• To determine resources (time, budget, manpower, equipment etc) required to initiate/ complete projects. Identifying and managing projects’ risks and finding solutions to eliminate/ minimize these are additional duties.
• To provide road maps and periodic recommendations to the management in creation and implementation of contingency plans and risk mitigation measures.
• To anticipate changes in projects scope, schedule and costs using appropriate verification techniques and apprise the Management & BoD well in advance.
• To help the management in implementing a process-based approach in executing projects.
• To ensure that all the projects’ deliverables are on time, within the allocated budget and at the required level of quality/ standards established during the planning phase.
• Any other assignment entrusted by the BoD NTDCL
SKILLS, QUALIFICATION & EXPERIENCE
• B Sc/ B.E Engineering (Electrical/ Electronics/ Civil/ Mechanical) with a Masters degree in Management/ Finance. Degree/ Certification in Project Management will be preferred.
• Atleast fifteen (15) years experience of planning, execution and controlling high level projects in electricity transmission sector or reputed public sector entity.
• Up-to-date knowledge of Project Management life-cycle, Its best practices and procedures and familiarity with relevant processes of reputed national/ international Organizations is essential.
• Possesses a broad understanding of different engineering disciplines.
• Ability to analyze case studies and develop projects to solve difficult business issues.
• Self-starter with excellent business/financial acumen, ability to gel with cross-functional teams, demonstrated motivation, influence, and drive change.
• Excellent communication and negotiation skills
• Solid computer skills (proficient in Word. Excel, and PowerPoint). Experience with an ERP system will be preferred.
• Between 45-55 years on the closing date of this advertisement.
The remuneration of the consultants will commensurate with qualification and experience of the candidates. Applications along with detailed CV, copies of testimonials and a recent passport size photograph should reach the following address by 3rd February. 2016 Only shortlisted candidates will be called for interview. No TA/DA will be admissible for interview
HR a Attain Director NTDCL
419-Wapda House, Lahore