1. Pakistan navy war college Lahore invites applications for the following position on contractual basis.
2. Job description: Directing Staff Research (BPS- 17/18)
3. Job requirement:
a. Sponsor research activities related to:
1. Maritime security, marine/ maritime potential as well as study of oceans in globalized world.
ii. Capabilities and strategies of various regional and international navies.
iii. Defense and strategic matters (Regional and International).
iv. Various International Regimes/ protocols w. r. t Pakistan.
v. Maritime/ Military Operations Other Than War.
vi. Naval history/ naval and military technology.
vii. Group and combined research papers on selected subjects.
b. Deliver pre-arranged lectures to PN staff courses and other courses on aforementioned as well as other important national/ defense/ strategic issues.
c. Contribute research intensive articles for and on behalf of Pakistan navy in leading journals, magazines and newspapers periodically.
d. Review and revise staff course curriculum on periodic basis.
e. Undertake study of various maritime and international / regional issues impinging on Pakistan and formulate reports as and when required/ directed.
f. Undertake study or review of various professional documents/ doctrines as and when needed.
g. Undertake all projects (college related or otherwise) assigned by the command from time to time including editorial duties related to college review etc.
h. Participate in all social and extracurricular activities as required.
4. Personal profile:
a. M. Phil/MS in Maritime Studies/ Defense and Strategic Studies/ International Relations/ Political Science from HEC recognized University (Preference to graduates from LUMS, NDU, QAU, Kinnaird, Karachi University, and Punjab University).
b. 1-6 years teaching/research experience in a recognized University/ Institute will be preferred.
c. Maximum age 45 years (could be relaxed by 1 year in exceptional cases).
5. Pay Package: commensurate with qualification and experience.
Note: 1. Strict six month probation period.
2. Only short listed candidates will be called for interview.
3. No TA/DA will be admissible.
4. Interested applicants may apply before 05 February 2016.
6. For further inquiries: 042-66960115, 66960124, 0300-9426267.
The Commandment Pakistan Navy War College
Naval Complex Walton Askari-V, Gulberg-lll, Lahore Tele: 042-66960103, 66960107