Quaid-i-Azam University Spring Admissions 2016 for Mphil PhD Programmes
QUAID-I-AZAM UNIVERSITY, ISLAMABAD
FOR MPhil & PhD PROGRAMMES
SPRING SEMESTER 2016
Applications from Pakistani/foreign nationals are invited for admission to MPhil and PhD programmes of the University in the following disciplines latest by 13.01.2016: FACULTY OF BIOLOGICAL SCIENCES FACULTY OF BIOLOGICAL SCIENCES
Note: If, for any reason, a test date is declared as holiday, the test will be conducted on the next working day.
1. Those admitted shall have to complete/pass 18 credit hours course-woik within four semesters as per University rules.
2. Those admitted in PhD programme and not passed MPhiVMS/equivalent shall have to complete/pass 42 credit hours courses (24+18) within six semesters as per University rules.
3. Admission to PhD programme is made on a competitive basis. The minimum pehod for completion of PhD Programme is three years whereas maximum penod is seven years.
How to Apply:
1. An applicant seeking admission to PhD programme shall apply on the prescribed Admission Form. The Admission Forms alongwith prospectus can be obtained from:
a. The OAU Campus branches of Habib Bank Ltd. and Askari Bank Ltd. @ Rs.2000/- OR
b. Download from OAU website (www.qau.edu.pk) and attach Bank Draft/Pay Order amounting to Rs.2000/- in favour of “Treasurer, Ouaid-i-Azam University”.
2. Three copies of the prescnbed Admission Form duly filled in and supported by the attested copies of educational testimonials i.e. Certificates and Degrees must be submitted directly to the Director/ Chairperson of Department/ School/ Institute/ Centre by 13.01.2016 positively;
3. Incomplete and late applications will not be entertained;
4. Short listed applicants will be called for interview/presentation of research proposals;
5. For further details, please visit University website: www.gau.edu.pk
(DR.SAFIA AHMED) REGISTRAR