GOVERNMENT OF THE PUNJAB
SERVICES & GENERAL ADMINISTRATION DEPARTMENT
Special Monitoring Unit established by Government of the Punjab is required to assist the Chief Minister’s Office to oversee and ensure implementation and delivery of special initiatives in the selected areas/ sectors. The Special Monitoring Unit is supervised by a specialist as Head/ Leader whose services are hired from the market, on contract basis, for a period of two years. The terms of reference delineating the main tasks and travel requirements for the Head/ Leader will be as under:
a) Key tasks and responsibilities:
• Develop good understanding of the Chief Minister’s vision and aspirations with regards to service delivery and execution.
• Assist the Chief Minister in identifying specific challenges in the delivery of public services in priority areas, and facilitate a deliberative process including stakeholder consultation or the Chief Minister to finalize delivery agenda to meet such challenges.
• In consultation with the relevant government departments/ agencies, define, develop and improve specific targets and delivery plans (maps, milestones, timelines and trajectories) for radical improvements in the delivery of public services in the priority areas.
• Establish performance based organizational structure for the delivery unit enabling proactive engagement with government departments/ agencies.
• Facilitate coordination among various government departments/ agencies and provide a forum for problem solving, in the interests of keeping focus on specific targets and delivery plans.
• Monitor implementation and progress against the delivery plans through regular/ periodical stock-takes to apprise the Chief Minister and prepare fortnightly delivery reports for the Chief Minister to provide him empirical view detailing how the delivery of the public services in the priority areas are proceeding and seeking further orders for implementation.
• Encourage relevant government department/ agencies to proactively identify and negotiate with risks and constraints which may thwart the improvements in the delivery of public services and find innovative solutions to problems and challenges in meeting their specific targets.
• Masters in any discipline with work experience of 10 years in Corporate Management or Public Policy or Public Administration or Project Management or Change Management.
• Good analytical skills in identifying key issues in service delivery in social sectors
• Experience in Change management and performance management in Private or Public sector
• Experience of working in or Exposure to public sector environment and culture in relevant fields
• Must be a target oriented individual; who has experience of working with challenging timelines.
• Experience in leading teams with personnel from diverse backgrounds and skill sets.
* Selection would be made after shortlisting suitable candidates by the Selection Committee, conducting interviews of shortlisted candidates. Candidates may be asked to make brief presentation at the time of interviews.
Market based salary will be offered.
• Complete documents along with detailed CV must reach the office of undersigned latest by August 10. 2016.
• Serving civil servants can also apply for the post through their respective departments.
SECTION OFFICER (DEVELOPMENT) SERVICES & GENERAL ADMINISTRATION DEPARTMENT
GOVERNMENT OF THE PUNJAB PUNJAB CIVIL SECRETARIAT, LAHORE
TEL: 042-99211615 FAX: 0423-37226182