Sindh Water Sector Improvement Project Procurement of Services of Professionals & Support Staff
Sindh Water Sector Improvement Project Phase-I is a World Bank funded project which aims at improving the efficiency and effectiveness of Irrigation water distribution through Sindh Irrigation & Drainage Authority (SIDA) In three Area Water Boards (AWB Ghotki, Nara and Left Bank) particularly with respect to measures of reliability, equity and user satisfaction. The Government of Sindh has established a Project Coordination and Monitoring Unit (PCMU) under its Planning & Development Department to coordinate and monitor the project activities on day to day basis.
Competent professionals and supporting staff are required for the following positions in Project Coordination & Monitoring Unit under P&D based in Karachi.
S # Name of Posts Selection Criteria
1. Sr. Agro-irrigation & Drainage Specialist / Consultant)
Qualification: Master’s degree in Agriculture Engineering / Water Resources.
Experience: At least ten years relevant experience with knowledge of Water Sector Projects.
2. Deputy Director (Agriculture Economics)
Qualification: Master’s degree in Economics / Agriculture Economics.
Experience: At least seven years relevant experience with knowledge of Water Sector projects.
3. Deputy Director (Procurement / Contract Management)
Qualification: MBA / Graduate in Engineering / Law.
Experience: At least five years relevant experience, having full knowledge and principles of procurement (works, goods and services) of donors as well as public sector development projects and modern office practices, procedures and methods.
4. Deputy Director (Training / Communication)
Qualification: Masters in Social Sciences / Agriculture / Irrigation, Environment / Communication / or Education. Certification as Master trainer will be an additional advantage.
Experience: Minimum of five years’ experience In the field of trainings / communication particularly in (i) preparing broad range training plans including courses / curriculum development and training delivery; (li) linkages with national and International training institutions will be desirable.
5. Assistant Director (Administration)
Qualification: MBA / Master’s Degree from recognized University.
Experience: At least five years relevant experience in public or private organization including service rules, leave and personal records, disciplinary matters, security and safety maintenance, liaise with Government Departments with proficiency and hands-on experience of MS Office (Excel & Word).
6. Personal Assistant
Qualification: Graduate from recognized University, good command over English Language.
Experience: Competent in MS Office and other computer operating applications and Secretariat Job.
• The above positions are on contract basis (initially for one year but extendable).
• Applicant should hold Sindh Province domicile.
• Applicant should have minimum 2nd Division in all degrees.
• The terms and conditions will be set forth in the offer letter.
• No TA/DA is admissible for interview / test / joining.
• Government / Project employees should apply through proper channel.
• Only shortlisted candidates will be called for interview / test.
• Name of the Positions should be marked on the top left of the envelope.
• Upper age limit would be 55 years.
• Knowledge about procurement procedures of IDA / IBRD.
• Should be computer literate and knowledge of e-mail and internet.
• Proficiency in English language and good communication skills and report writing is essential.
Applications and detailed C.V. along with two recent passport size photographs be submitted by February 29, 2016 at the following address:
Team Leader Project Management Consultants / Agents Project Coordination Monitoring Unit Water Sector Improvement Project 13, Block-8, Chaudhry Khalique-uz-Zaman Road, Clifton, Karachi. Phone No. 021-99205862-3 Website: www.wslp.com.pk
Say No to Corruption