Special Education Department Job Punjab, Director (Administration)
Government of the Punjab
Special Education Department
Programme Implementation Unit (PIU)
Punjab Inclusive Education Project (PIEP)
Special Education Department, Government of the Punjab is implementing a Punjab Inclusive Education Project (PIEP) as a pilot in Bahawalpur & Muzaffargarh districts to mainstream children with mild disability by providing them formal schooling opportunities. The project is a part of the Punjab Governments’ initiatives in the education sector to meet its national and international commitments to provide free and compulsory education to all children. A Programme Implementation Unit (PIU) has been established to monitor and ensure implementation of the Punjab Inclusive Education Project. Applications are invited from residents of Punjab province for the following positions, which will be filled strictly on merit in a transparent manner:
1. Director (Administration)
Age Limit: 40 – 50 years.
Salary: (Lump sum pay package of Rs. 113,850/- per month.
Description: Director (Administration) will handle all the administration and procurement related tasks. His /her main responsibilities will include:
– Effectively procuring equipment and services on time.
– Establishing an effective inventory and procurement management, tracking and monitoring function.
– Ensuring PPRA rules are followed.
– Managing the project office and coordinating office activities.
– Establishing resource rooms.
– Ensuring all human resource related issues are dealt with as per rules and regulations.
– Preparing for and facilitating audits and third party validations.
– Preparing Quarterly financial statements and annual reports.
– Chartered Accountant/BE/B.Sc Engineering/ MBA preferably with PMP certification/M.Sc. Social Sciences/ Economics/or any other related field.
– 9-10 year work experience mostly in an administrative role.
– Demonstrated financial management experience in preparing the financial reports and managing the procurement
– Strong communication skills.
– Knowledge and experience of working with a foreign funded project will be an added advantage.
2. Manager District Monitoring Team
Age Limit: 28 – 35 years.
Salary: (Lump sum pay package Rs. 113,850/- per month BS-17 equivalent).
Description: Manager District Monitoring Team will lead the district monitoring team and ensure that the project initiatives are properly monitored. His/her main responsibility will include:
– Coordinate the monitoring activities in the district.
– Maintain proper documentation of the activities.
– Identify and assess schools that could be made inclusion friendly.
– Coordinate with Director Monitoring to develop and implement a plan to monitor attendance and progress of children who are mainstreamed.
– Hire and manage short term field officers to implement the initiatives.
– A university degree (16 years of education) in Social Sciences/Applied Sciences/Management Sciences or any other related field.
– Has 03 year work experience preferably in social development sector.
– Demonstrated experience in project management and advocacy skills.
– Knowledge of local governance including government functionaries in education will be prerequisite.
– Must have M&E exposure and knowledge.
– Report writing skills with basic leadership qualities for developing synergies among team members.
Age Limit: 18 – 25 years.
Salary: Salary of BS-14 plus 30% usual allowance provided for contract appointment in lieu of pensionary benefits as admissible under the rules along with usual annual increments as provided in the rules.
Qualification: B.A/ B.Sc. from a recognized university.
i. All the posts are on an initial contract till June 30, 2016, in case the project is extended, the incumbents may be considered for extension subject to satisfactory performance.
ii. Application along with CV. attested copies of educational & experience certificates, CNIC and a passport size recent photograph may be sent to the following up to December 30, 2015 (Wednesday) till 4.00 p.m.
iii. Only shortlisted candidates will be called for interview. No TA/DA will be given for the interview.
(Muhammad Shahid Saleem) – Project Director, Programme Implementation Unit (PIU) Punjab Inclusive Education Project (PIEP), Special Education Department, Government of the Punjab – 48-A, Faisal Town, Lahore.