At Telenor Pakistan, we give you the opportunity to become a skilled professional in your chosen field of interest. Being rated as the top employer of the country, we enable you to realize your dreams in an environment of diversity and openness to new mindsets.
This position will be responsible for the roadmap of Transmission network technical Architecture & strategy.
The Role involves:
– Developing the long term Transmission Network Strategy.
– New Technologies evaluation in the Transmission infrastructure.
– Conducting trials of new technologies.
– Extending expert technical guidelines to various departments.
Eligibility Criteria (Education/Experience/ Certifications):
– At least 8 years of total experience in technology domain.
– At least 6 year of experience in Transmission domain.
– At least 4 years of experience in a mobile telecom operator.
– Design experience of Transmission network for mobile broadband technologies especially LTE.
– Transmission Network roadmap development to support mobile broad band ambitions.
– Develop a long term Technical Strategy in the Transmission area.
– Play key role in Architecture Forum for Governance of Transmission Network Architecture.
– Understand and support Telenor Group Network Transformation initiatives.
Potential Career Path:
The experience in this role will open path for future opportunities in network engineering domain especially in Transmission area.
Your Typical day at work:
– Acting as a single point of contact towards Network Engineering Department for Strategy, roadmap and architecture development.
– Play a key role in day to day affairs of Architecture forum especially in the Transmission areas for developing long term architecture and its governance.
– Able to communicate effectively with customers at both senior, managerial and technical levels and clearly present technical approaches and findings related to resolving business problems through technology.
– Analyze and evaluate solutions and proposal by vendors.
– Co-ordinate and collaborate with Telenor Group for related activities.
– Conduct trials of new technologies/concepts.
– Provide inputs to the RFQ process.
– Delivering on stakeholder’s expectation through a collaborative and innovative approach.
– Update on new developments in the industry and be pro-active in keeping abreast with the roadmap of the vendors.
– Actively work with the Vendors when assessing new technologies.
– Willing to meet stringent timelines and objectives.
– Ability to work independently as well as a part of a team.
– Ability to work in challenging environment.
– Ability to work under stress.
– Act as an expert in the relevant domain for advising line organizations on different technical matters.
Functional Skills/Knowledge Areas:
– Good understanding of upcoming microwave technologies to support mobile broad band.
– Sound knowledge of new technologies and innovation in core transport domain.
– Excellent understanding of Fiber technologies and OSP to develop Fiberization strategy and roadmap.
– Solid background in developing overall transmission network architecture and roadmap.