U.S. Embassy Job Islamabad, Waste and Raw Water Treatment Plant Operator
The U.S. Embassy in Islamabad is seeking eligible and qualified individuals for multiple positions of Waste and Raw Water Treatment Plant Operator in the Facility Management Section.
Waste and Raw Water Treatment Plant Operator (FSN-7, FP-7) Position No: I-52947-49 & I-51031-34 (7 Positions)
Basic Function of Position:
The incumbent under the Supervision of Building Automated System Engineering Technician and Senior Engineer performs work involving the operation of waste and raw water treatment plants. Plans, schedules, assigns, directs, and evaluates the operational and maintenance activities of activated sludge treatment and raw plant according to state and federal requirements. Supervises the activities of plant operators, plant mechanics, and laboratory technicians involved in the operation, quality control, and maintenance of the plant. The incumbent reports to the Building Automated System engineering Technician and/or senior Engineer who evaluates work for the effective and efficient operation of the plant according to legal and budgetary requirements as needed and as directed by the Engineer in support. Performs shift work and other duties as required.
1. Education: Completion of ten years of education is required. Completion of vocational training or apprenticeship of one year in mechanical or electrical trade is required.
2. Experience: Five years of experience as a repair mechanic or maintenance technician working with waste (sewage) water or raw water treatment systems is required.
3. Language: Level III (good working knowledge) Speaking/Reading/Writing of English and Panjabi and Level IV (Fluent) Speaking/Reading/Writing Urdu is required. Language skills will be tested.
4. Knowledge: The incumbent must have a very good technical understanding of waste or raw water treatment plant operation and maintenance system. Knowledge of reading technical documents, interpreting maintenance plans and technical literature is required and highly emphasized. General computer literacy is required in multiple applications (MS Office). Knowledge of US building, electrical, mechanical, fire and life safety codes; building and trade standards is required.
5. Abilities & Skills: Incumbent must be able to determine proper dosage of chemicals at different levels of plant, diagnose trouble in waste or raw water treatment plant systems of all types and ability to repair. Must be able to use all tools of the trade to include ladder/scaffold work. Must have valid Pakistani Motor Car/jeep driver’s license. Technical and driving skills may be tested.
Note: All applicants must address each required qualification listed below with specific and comprehensive information supporting each item. Failure to do so may result in a determination that the applicant is not qualified.
When qualified, applicants who are U.S. Citizen Eligible Family Members (USEFMs) and/or preference-eligible U.S. Veterans are given a preference in hiring. Therefore, it is essential that these applicants make themselves known as having a hiring preference and specifically address the required qualifications above in their application.
Additional Selection Criteria:
1. Management will consider nepotism/conflict of interest, budget and residency status in determining successful candidacy.
2. Current employees serving a probationary period are not eligible to apply.
3. Current employees with an Overall Summary Rating of Needs Improvement or Unsatisfactory on their most recent Employee Performance Report are not eligible to apply.
4. Current NOR employees hired on a Family Member Appointment (FMA) or a Personal Service Agreement (PSA) are not eligible to apply within the first 90 calendar days of their employment, unless they have a When Actually Employed (WAE) work schedule.
5. Current employees who have voluntarily been reassigned/promoted from one position to another are not eligible to apply for six months from the effective date of the reassignment/promotion.
6. Current employees who have received any job-related training are not eligible to apply in another section/agency for six months from the effective date of the training.
7. U.S. Mission Pakistan will not bear any travel expenses for testing, interviews, pre-employment clearances (if selected) or relocation for joining.
To Apply: Interested candidates for this position must submit their completed DS-174 (Application for Employment as LE Staff or Family Member) by Email at: email@example.com. The Vacancy Announcement Number (e.g. 15-189) must be mentioned in the subject line of the email.
Applicants claiming a U.S. Veteran’s preference must submit written documentation confirming eligibility (e.g., Member Copy 4 of Form DD-214, Letter from the Veteran’s Administration, or certification documenting eligibility under the VOW Act with an expected discharge no later than 120 days after the certification is submitted) by the closing date of the vacancy announcement. If the written documentation confirming eligibility is not received in the HR office by the closing date of the vacancy announcement, the U.S. Veteran’s preference will not be considered in the application process. Specific criteria for receiving a U.S. Veteran’s preference may be found in HR/OE’s Family Member Employment Policy (FMEP).
Incomplete DS-174 (Application for Employment as LE Staff or Family Member) or submissions received after the closing date will not be considered. Please do not attach any documents at this stage; you will be informed when your documents are required. Only those candidates meeting all the requirements will be contacted for a test/interview. To review all advertised positions, please visit Embassy website: http://islamabad.usembassy.gov/employment_opportunities.html.
Closing date for this Position: January 13, 2016.
The U.S. Mission provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status, or sexual orientation. The Department of State also strives to achieve Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) in all personnel operations through continuing diversity enhancement programs.
The EEO complaint procedure is not available to individuals who believe they have been denied equal opportunity based upon marital status or political affiliation. Individuals with such complaints should avail themselves of the appropriate grievance procedures, remedies for prohibited personnel practices, and/or courts for relief.