University of Malakand Job, Vice-Chancellors 28 December
Announcement of Vice-Chancellors’ Position
The Search Committee. University of Malakand invites applications for the position of Vice-Chancel lor. University of Malakand from the candidates possessing the following qualifications / expcricnces:-
1. Essential Qualification and Experience:
a. Must have earned Doctorate in any discipline with good academic record.
b. Experience of at least 15 years teaching / research in HEC recognized university or post-graduate institution or professional expcriencc in the relevant Held in a national or international organization.
c. Excellent research publication record that, at a minimum, meets the criteria for appointment as Professor in the university with minimum fifteen (15 ) peer reviewed and Higher Education Commission recognized research publications.
d. At least 05 years of administrative / post-doctoral research experience in the field of Higher Education.
e. Demonstrated experience in leadership.
2. Desirable Experience:
a. Experience of working on the Statutory Authorities of a university such as Board of Studies. Academic Council. Syndicate or Management Council or Executive Council of Board of Management etc;
b. Demonstrable experience of handling Quality issues, assessment and accreditation procedures, etc.
c. Experience at the state or national or international level in handling developmental issues outside the university environment. International experience to be preferred.
c. Experience of working with international bodies or international exposure through participation in workshops, seminars or conferences held outside the country.
f. Experience of organizing events such as workshops, seminars, conferences at international level within the country in the field of higher education.
3. Expected Skills and Compctencies:-
a. Technical Skills:
i. Openness towards technology and a deep conviction regarding its potential applications in knowledge-based setting.
ii. Reasonably high level of comfort in the use of technology.
b. Managerial Skills:
i. Ability to anticipate issues and problems and prepare advance strategic plans;
ii. Ability to generate resources and allocate the same appropriately;
iii. Capacity to work effectively underpressure and manage work and resources within tight deadlines;
iv. Good understanding of financial management including revenue generation, planning and fiscal control:
c. Alignment with corporate objectives and state as well as national level priorities:
i. Ability to identify the needs of the communities in key sectors:
ii. Deep understanding of the challenges before the nation arid how Higher Education can respond to developmental needs;
iii. Demonstrable understanding of curriculum development issues, especially those relating to widening participation and social inclusion:
d. Leadership skills:
i. Exceptional ability to motivate a diverse group of stakeholders:
ii. Keen desire to further the mission and goals of the organization;
iii. Ability to think strategically and innovatively and maintain a broad perspective:
iv. Ability to lead by personal example with openness to new ideas and a consultative approach in implementation of the same
e. Interpersonal communication and collaborative skills:
i. Demonstrable success in developing and executing national and international collaborative arrangements:
ii. Ability to interact effectively and persuasively with a strong knowledge-base at senior levels and in laige forums as well as on a one-to-one basis:
iii. Evidence of being an active member of professional bodies and associations in pertinent fields
• Tenure:- Four years as per provisions of the University of Malakand Regulation 2001.
• Eligible candidates / applicants must provide a detailed chronological Resume (06 copies) reflecting their qualification, experience and achiev ements. Additionally, they should provide a summary description of fulfilling the essential requirements and justifying their competency for the position of Vice Chancellor in the context of the specific skills and competencies listed herein to facilitate the search committee to judge competency/suitability of the candidate.
• Certified copies of educational certificates/degrees, diplomas.
• Three recent passport size photographs.
• Those already in service should apply through proper channel. Only short-listed candidates will be called for interview.
• The Search Committee shall have the mandate to search and head-hunt persons eligible under the criteria for the positions o 1 Vicc Chancellors.
LAST DATE FOR RECEIPT OF APPLICATIONS:
The applications of eligible candidates should reach the oiTice of the Secretary to Government of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa, Higher Education, Archives & Libraries Department. Civil Secretarial Peshawar on or before 16.01.2017.
Higher Education, Archives & Libraries Department Civil Secretariat Khyber Pakhtunkhwa, Peshawar Ph: 091-9210337, Fax: 091-9210368 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org